– Apocalyptica‘s career jump-started by covering Metallica. Now the band have released a video for their live version of Metallica’s “Sad But True” that you can view above. The band is currently in the midst of their “Plays Metallica By Four Cellos” tour, with dates seen here.
– Kudos to the rock and metal community, fans and rockers alike, who turned out for the 3rd Annual Bowl for Ronnie benefit event at Pinz bowling alley in Studio City, Calif. This year’s event brought in $49,000 for the Ronnie James Dio Stand Up and Shout Cancer Fund.
– Deuce is back and ready to roll with a new video. It’s a sexy yet dangerous clip for the new song “Here I Come” off of his sophomore solo set, Invincible. The album now carries a Dec. 1 street date via Better Noise. Take a look and listen here and get your pre-order for the disc in right here.
– Guitar great John 5 is at it again, dropping a new, yet familiar piece of music for fans. The musician teamed up with his solo band The Creatures to cover Metallica‘s “Enter Sandman.” Listen and pick up the song here.
– Here come CKY, rolling down the street. Watch their new video for “Head for a Breakdown,” which features a mix of on and offstage footage, right here. The song is featured on the band’s current album The Phoenix.
– Record Store Day’s Black Friday promotion is turning up some stellar offerings. The Winery Dogs will issue a limited edition vinyl of their Dog Years: Live in Santiago and Beyond 2013-2016 set. Meanwhile, Steel Panther will offer up a picture disc vinyl of their Lower the Bar Bitchin’ Edition rounded out by the limited release song “Red Headed Step Child” and bonus cut “Momentary Epiphany.” And Gone Is Gone will issue a 7″ red vinyl featuring an acoustic version of their song “Starlight” and “Phantom Limb.”
– The East Coast may have their fun in December, but Converge are making sure to give the West Coast a late Christmas present in early 2018. Starting Jan. 19 in Vancouver, the group will tour in support of their latest album, The Dusk in Us. See all of their scheduled dates here.
– The Dead Daisies have released a video for their cover of Neil Young’s “Rockin’ in the Free World.” The epic performance took place at the Woodstock Peace Festival in Poland and finds the band backed by the Gorzow Philharmonic Orchestra. Watch the amazing performance here.
– Get ready for more Pig Destroyer. The band reveals in a new update that they’ve entered the studio to begin work on their next studio album. The still-untitled set is being recorded in Bethesda, Md., and is expected to arrive in summer 2018.
Loudwire News Video
Loudwire Music Awards Tickets Available Now!