– Foo Fighters just released a new album, but the next big thing for the band is the debut of their PBS special, Landmarks Live in Concert, which features the group performing at the Acropolis in Athens, Greece. See their performance of “The Pretender” above, and circle Nov. 10 on your calendar to catch the PBS special.
– Yes!!! Helloween will be making their way to North America in 2018 for the “Pumpkins United” tour. A handful of dates with Michael Kiske and Kai Hansen in tow in Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Chicago, Montreal, Worcester and New York have been revealed. Get ticketing details for the September 2018 shows here.
– Ready for Linkin Park‘s Chester Bennington tribute show at the Hollywood Bowl Friday night? System of a Down‘s Shavo Odadjian posted a photo of himself jamming with Linkin Park ahead of the gig here.
– Fresh off their Loudwire Music Awards win for Best Metal Song, Power Trip will get some added exposure with “Executioner’s Tax (Swing of the Axe)” being chosen as a theme song for WWE’s NXT Takeover: Wargames event. See the announcement from Triple H here and get ready for the Nov. 18 event at Houston’s Toyota Center.
– Slipknot will open a Knotfest Pop-Up store at the Hollywood Palladium on Oct. 30 between 6-9PM PT. Shawn “Clown” Crahan posted a video message about the pop-up store, which will include a chance to meet the band’s members and visit their Slipknot museum. Watch the video teaser here and look for Knotfest taking place Nov. 5 in San Bernardino, Calif.
– Killswitch Engage‘s Jesse Leach has shown a variety of influences and the willingness to take on styles outside of what he’s known for in Killswitch. He’s just turned up on a new cover of Minor Threat’s “Salad Days” that can be heard here. The track appears on Still Having Their Say, a compilation tied to the XXX Fanzine (1983-1988): Hardcore & Punk in the Eighties book.
– 9Electric have issued a powerful new video for their song “Beautiful” that centers on a woman who learns of her breast cancer diagnosis and the struggle she goes through coming to terms with it. Watch the video here and look for “Beautiful” on their 2016 effort The Damaged Ones.