Gus Griesinger of www.backstageaxxess.com
– Halestorm have officially hit the studio to start work on their fourth studio album. The band posted a video teaser as well as several photos online from the early moments. See the other photos here, here, here, here, here and here.
– The late Chris Cornell will be saluted with the Human Rights Hero Award by Cassia’s L.A. Chefs for Human Rights during a benefit charity dinner on Sept. 25 at the Southeast Asian brasserie in Santa Monica, Calif. Cornell’s widow Vicky will accept the honor. For more details on the dinner and ceremony, check here.
– Bill Ward, Lzzy Hale, Billy Sheehan, Carmine Appice, Anvil, Jordan Rudess, Riot, Metal Mike Chlasciak, Exodus and more will be among those honored at the 2018 Hall of Heavy Metal History induction ceremony. The event will take place Jan. 24, 2018 at the Anaheim Wyndham Garden Grove in Anaheim, Calif. For more info, click here.
– Madame Mayhem has announced an Oct. 20 street date for the new album Ready for Me. Saint Asonia‘s Corey Lowery produced the effort, while Sevendust‘s Clint Lowery and Evanescence‘s Troy McLawhorn make guest turns. Watch a teaser for the album here and stay tuned for the single and video for “All Around the World.” You can pre-order the disc here.
– Blameshift will be hitting the road with The Nearly Deads in October for the “Wake the Dead” tour. Dates start Oct. 12 in Stanhope, N.J. and run through Nov. 2 in Nashville. See all dates and get ticketing details here.
– Before the next Candlelight Red offering, founder/guitarist Jeremy Edge has started up a new project called Black Star Sunrise. Filled out by vocalist Matie Cummings, bassist John Delowery and drummer Tony Esposito, the group leans a little more blues rock than Candlelight Red. They’ll enter the studio in November to record an EP with engineer Mike Feretti. Stay up to date on Black Star Sunrise here.
– Can’t get enough Saxon? The veteran metallers are the subject of a new 34-track deluxe anthology titled Decade of the Eagle that’s on track for a Nov. 17 street date via BMG. You can pre-order via their PledgeMusic site.
Loudwire 360 News Video
[embedded content]Subscribe to Loudwire on